Covid Restrictions Lifted
Commencing with the July 2021 matches, we will lifting all Covid protocols and restrictions for the Sporting Rifle Match. Here are some of the specifics for those who may not be familiar with what this means:
- The mandatory match safety briefing will be resumed. Typically, this will start about 7:45 AM and end at 8:00 AM on the morning of the match. The gate will be locked just prior to the briefing and the match will start immediately after the briefing.
- The practice range will be open on Sunday morning from 7:00 AM to 7:30 AM on Sunday in addition to approximately 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM on Saturday.
- Match fees will be returned to $30 per competitor and cash prizes will be awarded for those who place the highest in match score. There will also be cash awards for various classes (e.g. senior, junior, ladies, .308, FNG (new shooter). The number of places and classes that are paid varies with each match.
- We will allow a limited number of observers/guests to walk along with squads that do not object to their presence. Safety glasses and ear protection required.
- SRM match rules do not supersede any New Mexico Covid restrictions that may remain in place or may be reinstated at any time. Competitors and guests have the personal responsibility to be aware of and in compliance with such restrictions.
The new Magnum Rifle Match site did not work out as planned, so we are suspending all future Magnum Rifle Matches until further notice. We will be continuing to search for a viable venue for this match.
We have replaced the two remaining 2021 Magnum Rifle matches with two additional Rimfire matches. The revised schedule is available under the “Schedule” and “Downloads” tabs.