Due to New Mexico’s on-going severe travel and quarantine restrictions, the Sporting Rifle matches are on hold. We are continually monitoring the situation and will resume matches once the New Mexico restrictions are lifted or at least modified to where matches become feasable again.
It is important to note that New Mexico’s travel restrictions may be lifted for individual states if they meet certain criteria. In such a case, Colorado would be critical as that is where the match staff reside.
To learn more: https://cv.nmhealth.org/
Watch here for further updates.
Our 2021 schedule has been approved by the Whittington Center and is now available to view @ the Schedule tab or download @ the Downloads tab.
In her infinite wisdom, the governor of New Mexico has decided to continue the mandatory quarantine order and various other public health orders through at least the 18th of September. Thus, our final Sporting Rifle Match for 2020 is cancelled.
That said, we are planning a full calendar of matches for the 2021 season including a new Saturday .22 rimfire match. We can’t say much about it yet except that it will be a field style match with most targets 50-200 yards or so with a few a bit longer just to make for a little more fun. When we figure out the details we will post them here. The AR match, which has not drawn enough interest, will be discontinued. The Magnum Match is planned to continue at a new venue next year, but we and the Whittington Center staff are still working on finding a new site. Of course, the Sunday Sporting Rifle Matches will continue in the same numbers and format. And finally, the Team Match is planned for the middle of August in 2021.
Once the proposed schedule is approved by TWC, we will post it here as well.
Hopefully, we will get to shoot a bit more next year.
The various New Mexico public health orders are expiring on 8/28 and with any luck they will not extend them. So, we are proceeding with registration for the match on Practiscore at 2:00 PM today.
If the health orders are extended again (particularly the quarantine order), it is very likely the match will be cancelled. We expect to make a final decision on or about 8/29 (after we see what the NM governor decides to do).
All three of the August Sporting Rifle Matches are cancelled due to New Mexico’s various Public Health and Executive Orders pertaining to the Covid 19 virus. New Mexico remains surrounded by pandemic “hot spots” and we anticipate that these orders will remain in effect for a while longer yet.
- August 1 Magnum Rifle Match – Cancelled
- August 2 Sporting Rifle Match – Cancelled
- August 22-23 Sporting Rifle Team Match – Cancelled
There is only the September SRM match remaining and we will try to get it in if we are allowed to do so.
FYI: We are starting to work on the Schedule for 2021 and hopefully we will have better luck next year.
The governor of NM has issued a quarantine order for the state. Therefore we will be cancelling the July Match this weekend. Hopefully we will be able to shoot in August.
SRM Match Directors
The June 7, 2020 Sporting Rifle Match will be held with modified procedures as required to comply with current New Mexico Public Health orders. The June 6 AR match is cancelled.
The current NM Public Heath Order is in effect from May 15 to May 31, so it is possible that different rules may be in effect at the time of the match. There could be either more or less restrictive rules in place at that time.
- Pregistration is required on Practiscore. Squads will be limited to 5 people with a maximum of one new shooter per squad. Visitors and other non-registered persons will not allowed at the match site.
- As always, be sure to check here before you leave home in case the match is cancelled at the last minute or we have additional information to share.
- If you plan to stay overnight in Raton, be aware that lodging and dining facilities in Raton are operating on a limited basis (if at all). We recommend that you plan ahead and investigate your options for food and lodging before leaving home.
- The maximum gathering of people anywhere/anytime before, during and after the match will be 5 people and a minimum distance of 6 feet between people must be maintained at all times. People who fail to follow these rules will be disqualified and asked to leave with no refund.
- The course will be modified to open up choke points for social distancing purposes.
- There will be no pre-match safety briefing and no post-match awards gathering. As such, please take the time to refresh your knowledge of the match rules before you arrive. If you have a new shooter in your squad, you will be required to help make sure they follow the rules and remain safe.
- When you arrive at the match, you must see the Match Director (Mike K.) immediately upon arrival to check in and receive some brief instructions. If there is a check-in line, maintain social distancing!
- All registered shooters will receive an e-mail with important additional information approximately a week or so before the match.
We look forward to seeing you there!
New Mexico remains under stay at home orders for the Wuhan virus that prevent the operation of the various Sporting Rifle Matches. The New Mexico order will be effective until May 15 and we don’t know what sort on-going restrictions may come after that.
Thus, on or about about the 16th of May, we will make a decision regarding the June AR and Sporting Rifle Matches. If we are able to operate these matches legally, safely, and with the Whittington Center’s permission, we will immediately open up registration for these matches on Practiscore.
Stay tuned for more updates.
We have cancelled the May SRM matches, but are hopeful that we might be back in business by the June AR and SRM matches. Apparently, the Whittington Center is also closed now. Stay tuned here for further updates.